CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, October 24, 2009

chalk at the capitol



Lately, I've been looking for volunteer opportunities to help in the community and I found the perfect option: volunteer photographer at YWCA's Chalk at the Capitol. This event is a part of October's Week Against Violence. Each day of the week the Battered Women's Program hosts an event to support domestic violence.

It was quite the experience. I've never gone around taking pictures of complete strangers. And to be honest, I felt awkward at times. Some people would walk away when I came up, others would give a look showing "ugh...I wish this girl wouldn't take a picture of me", and others didn't mind at all, especially the kids. It helped that they gave me an "event photographer" badge so people knew I wasn't just some weirdo taking pictures. The weather was beautiful and it was great talking with all the people who were at the event.


I loved doing something I enjoy to help out the community. If you are looking for volunteer opportunites check this out. Anyways...here are just a few photos I took.


























1 comments:

Willis said...

Great pics!