CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 7, 2009

Broken and Beautiful

This year was the second time St. Francis held their Employee Photo Contest. I didn't enter last year, but after some encouragement from some fellow employees and my parents I decided to enter the contest. The photographs entered in the contest had to depict one of the five core values of SFHC. The picture above I entered, titled "Broken and Beautiful", depicted the core value of Wholeness. There were about 60 photos entered by employees. Thirteen photos (one of which was the cover) were judged and chosen by 3 professional photographers and 2 sisters (it is a Catholic hospital). I landed the September spot of the calander. Every empolyee of St. Francis will get a copy of the calander and it will be placed in every patient's room throughout the hospital. I normally don't enter in contests and the ones I do, I don't normally win. I'm glad I stepped out and entered!

7 comments:

Jamie B said...

That is a great pic Amanda! Nice Job!! Congrats on the win! :)

Alan and Kristen said...

Love it! Where was it taken? Looks like Colorado or something.

cd said...

That is very exciting. Beautiful picture! Proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! Congrats! You need to post more of your pics. :)

Tammy A said...

That post above from csacpa is me. :)

Willis said...

That is an awesome picture and a great title to go along with it!

a.rose said...

Thanks everyone! I just might have to post more pics. =)